Experience level: Casual drupaler Experience type: Programming / module development Business Duration: One hour
Want graphs generated for your Drupal related services: Apache, MySQL, Linux system, bandwidth, etc? Need to receive a text message every 5 minutes if a site has failed?
demo @ http://graphs.drupaladmin.net user: public pass: public
- Knowledge of how to utilize Cacti for generating graphs related to Drupal resources such as disk space, memory, CPU utilization, MySQL, Apache, bandwidth, and more.
- Gain an understanding that resource monitoring is crucial and how to implement into existing systems.
- Understand the advantages of developers and clients visually seeing issues in a system.
- Ability to show hosting providers evidence that service guarantees are not being met.
SMS Gateways http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMS_gateway
- Use Argus to monitor hardware and software at an interval of your choice via ping, SSH, MySQL, SNMP, oid, etc.
- Utilize public email to SMS Gateways to receive text messages on your mobile phone when Drupal related services fail: http, https, MySQL, FTP, SSH, Linux System, etc.
- Contact specific users via email and text message when a service fails. Messages are sent in repetition until issue is manually acknowledged.
- Save Argus web interface shortcut link on your mobile phone. Actively monitor systems on the run.
- Argus includes logs of up/down time. Show service providers official lengths of downtime.